Pages

October 2, 2012

An Array of Texture Tuesday, Bib Tee

Last week I was going through Sawyer's plethora stuff, as I do every week for things he's outgrown (a little sad, right?), when I came across this...
 
 
I'm 99% positive it's a bib, but I've always been a little curious as to how this hand-me-down worked and I've come to the conclusion it's missing a piece or two.  But to throw it out would just be silly.
 
I know I've recently done a bib cover tutorial, but I didn't want to have to wait to use this.  So I'm taking a simple tee, particularly this burgundy one (I feel manly in this color), and I'm dressing it up for a more feminine look.
 
 
First, I carefully took off the trimming, so I just had one layer to work with.

 
Then I shaped the top of the bib to match the neckline of the t-shirt
and
attached it to the shirt with a zig-zag stitch.

 
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!  ...I know, most of the work was already done for me, but hopefully I'll enjoy it a little more!

 
If you were wondering...Bryan and I had a great time last night, kiddo free!  We spent the evening enjoying the new country band, Florida Georgia Line, singing and dancing till our voices and feet hurt.  They rocked the house!  I was hoping to post a few pictures, but sometimes I forget I have a cell phone to take pictures with; when you have zero cell service at home and mainly use a house phone, it's bound to happen.  But here's Florida Georgia Line's new single, Cruise, if you want a peak at what we relished in last night.
A special thanks to my Aunt Carla for watching our little monster!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment