Pages

September 30, 2012

Twiggy

I've probably talked of Twiggy before, but lets talk a little more...  A 1960's fashion icon, her "twiggy dresses" were dead-on.  Known for her thin build, not to mention she was quite skilled.
Okay, I'll stop.  Tonight's story time involved something with a rhyme, it's Dr. Seuss and it gets me every time.  That was the last one, I promise!

In 1967 she released her first line of clothing called "Twiggy Dresses".  Aimed at the teenage market, these dresses were made to give thin women a fuller shape.  They had a short hem and a loose fit.
 

Since 2005, Twiggy has acted as the face of Marks and Spencer in their advertising campaigns.  Her most recent collection was called "Twiggy London", which featured clothes, handbags, shoes, and accessories.

The reason I am writing of Twiggy and her collections...
 

 

I found this poncho shawl at TJ Maxx many years back for something ridiculous, like maybe $10.  I fell in love with it; the color, the fit, the style.  Then, the first time I wore it in front of a man he gave me a funny grin and asked curiously what I was wearing.  Like most men, he had no sense of women's fashion styles, but being the shy girl that I was, that comment was enough for me to never wear it...so sadly it was sent to that dark corner in my closet, but luckily, not the Goodwill.

Good news, I found it today!  To say the least, I will never let a comment drive me to hide a piece of clothing again, because I will be frolicking in this all season!  Besides, why should it matter what other people think...oh yeah, it doesn't.

On another note, don't wait up for me tomorrow!  It's my first night out in over 3 months and I'm very much looking forward to it.  A night free of drool, spilled milk, and baggy sweats.  Hello, boots, beer, and country music!

No comments:

Post a Comment