Pages

October 11, 2012

Autumn Goods

Oh the simple pleasures in life...
 
 
Yesterday we made a day of Liepold Farms.  On Sawyer's first Pumpkin Patch experience he learned what a donkey sounds like, that you have to have patience while waiting for momma to pick a pumpkin (I told Bryan "it's like going to a restaurant with a large menu, how are you supposed to decide!"), and how to open a can of red paint!  It's amazing what's at his level that we can't see.


 

 
It was a beautiful day to "stop and smell the roses" or as I would say, to "stop and pick a pumpkin", or two, or three, and a stroller full of gourds!
 
Inspired by Autumn, I thought I'd decorate...

 
A vertical Fall banner, made with burlap and painted letters.  An easy 10 minute project to spruce up my window.

 
Also, a 3D star made out of twigs.  A little trickier, this project was made a few months ago to serve as a mantle piece.  It's fallen off and been re-glued two too many times, so it was time for this star to find a new home; my other window!

No comments:

Post a Comment