Pages

October 9, 2012

An Array of Texture Tuesday, Little Black Dress Refashion

Happy Tuesday!

The Little Black Dress, a must for every woman's wardrobe.  I know I've said this before, but it's true.  It's just too easy to dress up or dress down and wear it in so many ways.
 
Although my wardrobe does include a few LBD's, I always find reasons not to wear them... That one's too fancy, don't like this one's material, that ruffle looks like I'm trying to hide something.   It's exhausting trying to feel comfortable in my own clothes.   My goal today is to actually feel comfortable in a piece of clothing that should be easy to wear.  Needless to say, the ruffles gotta go!

Don't get me wrong, this is a very nice dress so I am a little nervous about changing the look of it, but something has to be done.  I can't wear a belt or a cardigan with it and it always makes me feel like I have more under the ruffle than I really do.  So here it goes.

 
First I had to go about deconstructing the ruffle.  After carefully ripping seams between the ruffle and the dress, I decided that maybe I should use the fabric from the ruffle instead of taking the whole neckline apart to get it off.  Note the wrinkles, I was experimenting.

 
Inspired by a few of the 1950's necklines, I decided to make a rosette from the attached material, using an easy twist and roll method.  Securely fastened in place with a few thread darts, this is what I ended up with...


 
I haven't had a chance to try it on yet, but I already like it better!  I'll let you know how I truly feel about it after I've worn it.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment