Pages

August 24, 2012

My Pink Rush

It's common knowledge, blue is for boys, pink is for girls.  If that's just the way it is, why don't I own more pink?!

I've never been a big fan of the color.  Maybe because it was too girly for me, maybe because I thought it didn't go well with my skin tone, who knows.  Lately though, I have this urge for pink to flood my closet.  I want pink blouses and skirts, shorts and jeans.  Am I out of control?  Pink jeans!  I think the "lazy mommy look" of loose, just throw it on, comfortable clothing is wearing on me.  I'm ready for a more feminine look, and with this nice summer tan, why wouldn't pink look good against my skin.

Leave it to Pinterest...  This vintage pink blouse is screaming my name!  Just look at the gorgeous texture; sheer sleeves, a layered collar, the buttons, the bow, a gathered waistline.  Unavoidably feminine!

Pinned Image

Without fail, here is another Pinterest find...a simple cardigan, paired well with brown.  Apparently I find myself attracted to pale pinks.  Time to go shopping!

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment