Pages

August 21, 2012

It's the Season for Shorts

Yes, it is the season for shorts, and sadly, I don't own a pair, nor did I want to for the last year and a half.  Skirts, dresses, and jeans define my closet, but recently my legs just need more breathing room, and a tan.  With the scorching temperatures we've been having lately it would be nice to slip into something comfortable and lightweight, besides my gym shorts.  These 1940's high waisted shorts may be my ticket to tan legs and a more stylish look!


During the 19th and early 20th centuries, in most parts of Europe and North America, shorts were worn as outerwear only by young boys until they reached a certain maturity.  Men would not wear shorts as it was perceived as immature and because of social mores women did not wear them either.  It wasn't until the 1930's that both men and women began to wear shorts for casual comfort.

Inspired from the 1940's look above, these shorts are fun, flirty, and on my list of Things To Sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment