Pages

July 5, 2012

Fourth of July

Yesterday we celebrated our Independence Day!  It was a beautiful day for friends, fireworks, and food.  It was even warm enough to break out the kiddie pool...here's Sawyer taking a dip with all of his little girlfriends.


For a warm patriotic feel, I decided to make a 1950's inspired high-waisted circle skirt.


I made this skirt out of two king sized pillow cases I had stuffed in my linen closet and since I didn't have a zipper on hand, elastic was used for the waistband.  A total makeshift skirt but I am pleased with how it turned out. 


To finish the look, I wore a white shirt and made a simple, red yo-yo hair piece.  I didn't like the look of an elastic waistband so I covered it up with a belt and matched a pair of flats to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment