Pages

June 5, 2012

The Scrap Weeks.5 Coffee Sleeve

If you're anything like my husband, your addiction to coffee has you going through cups and lids and sleeves and money galore!  I've tried buying him a travel thermos; it didn't work, only because he never remembers to use it.  So my next idea, to try and save at least a few...

A reusable and reversible coffee sleeve!  The tricky part of this project was choosing the right fabric to match my husband's personality.  Camo was an easy choice.  The Pittsburgh Steelers fabric on the other hand may not have been, since he only "supports" my family and the Steelers.  Whereas I was "married into" the Boston Red Sox...in order to be accepted I had to name three players, their numbers, and positions.  True story.  If only I had the right fabric...maybe this would be a better gift for my dad for Father's Day!

I found the tutorial for this reversible coffee sleeve at Crafty Staci.  For the insulated batting, I used a piece of scrap leather instead of the ironing board fabric or InsulBrite.  It works great for me!

 
Now, if only he can remember to use the sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment