Pages

June 11, 2012

The Scrap Weeks.11 Hair Bow

Funny, I bring my sewing machine with me on vacation for fun projects and I turn into the town seamstress.  Like I haven't been keeping myself busy enough with a scrap project and sharing visiting time with three siblings, their children, and my parents, let's just add hemming pants, mending holes, and patching skirts to the mix.  So today, since I'm feeling a little worn out, I'm going to keep it simple.  A mix of two things I've already done; a baby headband and a bow tie...

I couldn't help myself, again.  This little niece of mine just needs all the accessories I can give her!

You Will Need:
Scrap Fabric
Interfacing
Sewing Machine & Thread
Hair Clip


Cut:
Two 6 1/2" by 3" for the Bow.
One 3" by 2" for the Center.
One 4 1/2 by 2 for the Interfacing.


Iron the Interfacing onto the back of one of your pieces.  Lay both pieces with right sides together and pin in place.


Sew 1/4" around two long sides and one short side.  Clip the corners.

Flip right sides out, making sure to push out the corners.  Fold the open side under 1/4" and press.

Fold in half, which ever side you want facing out, towards each other.  Sew, then press the seam open.  Flip right side out.

With the seam at the back, fold in half and sew 1" in the center of the bow.

For the Center, fold in half lengthwise and sew 1/4".  Flip right side out and press the seam to the back.

With the seam at the back, fold in half, sew to where the hole is just big enough to fit the bow through.  Press the seam open and flip right side out.

Slip the center onto the bow.

At that back of the bow, add the hair clip.  I used an old clip that was just lying around, but an alligator clip would work much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment