Pages

September 25, 2012

An Array of Texture Tuesday, Scarf Wrap

It's Tuesday again!  As I was a little unprepared this week, I decided to make a simple fix for an easy project.  Since the cold weather will be calling all warm clothes, I figured restyling a few things would make it feel like I have a new piece to wear, rather than just the same, boring items I've been sporting for the last three years.
 
So without further ado, a simple fix...  A long, flappy scarf turned into a modest, secured scarf wrap!
 
First off, I picked this scarf because I hate the tassels on the ends...they drive me absolutely crazy, bonkers, nuts!
 
Make sure each tassel is knotted tightly at the base of the scarf.

CUT the dang things off!  It may look a little rugged on the ends, but in my opinion, that only adds some flair.

Add a few buttons to one end of the scarf.  On the other end, match placement of the buttons and make button holes.  *With the knitted design of this scarf I just used the loose knit as a button hole.

Now all that's left to do is wrap and secure in place.
 
In the end, I decided to take the middle button off.  It was just too much for me.  On the contrary, I don't think I will be having any drafts on my neck this fall, that's for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I agree the tassels were soo outdated. and the final product looks clean and chic. Also, you look great in it. Hey, where'd you get those earrings???? Vintage! It makes me think those earrings would be great as a button on the scarf for a dress up look. What do you think? you know I'm not a stylist...I need the fashion police to help me!!!! LOL, like Gage and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story...I believe I found them in your stash, a very long time ago! They are my favorite. I actually wore them so much one of the stubs on the back fell off :(. Yup, I only wore one earring for the pic, haha.

    ReplyDelete