Pages

September 18, 2012

An Array of Texture Tuesday, Sweater Boot Socks

Well, another late post tonight; what's new, I know.  Sorry for the lack of anything exciting this week.  "Summer got the best of me" as my mom would say, not because I lost inspiration, but because I was having too much fun in the sun!  And it did it again.  With very few warm days remaining, we took that camping trip.  And boy was it fun!
 
My boys enjoying the river.
 
Not to worry!  I made it back in time for another textured Tuesday...
 
After months of asking Bryan for items from his closet, he finally made a gracious donation, a sweater, for this week's An Array of Texture!  Although, I was very hesitant about cutting into it; he's not the sweater type but he did like this one and it always looked so good on him.  Sadly, it just doesn't fit, his shoulders are too broad anymore.  So for now, I will only be taking the sleeves for a warm pair of boot socks, who knows, maybe I'll turn it into a sweater vest for him!

Cut the sleeves off of the sweater.

To fit my leg better, I turned the sleeves inside out and sewed a straight line up to the cuff.  Trim the excess fabric.

Turn the raw edges under and sew two rows for a clean finish.

Accessorize if you desire!  I left these plain because I enjoyed the simple look.

Ready for fall; a cozy pair of boot socks!  Although, wearing these with boots cover up the design, so another option...
 
A fun pair of leg warmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment