Pages

September 13, 2012

1920's Finger Waves

Finger waving is the moulding of wet hair into an "s"-shaped wavy form with fingers and a comb.  It was a very popular hairstyle that developed in the 1920's, to add style and to soften the appearance of the bobbed hairstyles, and stayed popular throughout the 1930's.

 
How did the women from these eras have the drive to get up and do their hair in the morning?  I wish I had that urge to want to do my hair everyday.  Go figure, it's the one thing I'm particular about before leaving the house, I just wish it was easier.  Finger waves could be a great way to take control of the messy-mom-bun on top of my head.  Not to mention, how I'm always being rushed out the door by my husband because my hair is holding us up.
 
 
Finger waves are a beautiful look and they may just have solved our problems.  I noticed this tutorial on a site I follow from time to time called Glamour Daze, a vintage fashion and beauty archive.  Although, if I waited around all day for my hair to dry after being pinned up, we'd never leave the house.  But we all want a happy husband, so in order to save time, that impatient grin, and still come out with a timeless look, sleep on it.  Let your pinned hair dry and take shape while you sleep and all that's left to do in the morning is comb them out and add a little hairspray.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! I was just thinking the other day of doing this! I just didn't know how they got the waves...I'm going to try this!!

    ReplyDelete