Pages

August 31, 2012

First Birthday

Well, it's come and gone.  My baby is no long a baby, but a toddler...


My little man turned 1 on August 21st.  I guess I'm finally at the point where I want talk about it since 10 days have already passed.  Does it always grab a hold of you like that?  Where did the time go?  And how did my baby get so big?  It's a bitter sweet emotion.  But he'll always be my baby...just like one of our favorite books, Love You Forever:  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.

Of course there was a big bash held in honor of Sawyer that weekend.  It turned out to be a beautiful Summer day for a backyard Birthday Party.  Complete with:

A dinosaur egg hunt.  Made of paper mache and filled with little goodies.  The boys actually asked me how the dinosaur eggs got there...too cute!

A splish splashin' good time!

A dinosaur cake for the taking!  And boy did he!

Toys, books, and clothes, galore!

Chewable gift bags!

And a happy little family!

Watching my little man close his eyes for his afternoon nap, really was the cherry on top of a fantastic day!

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the cute decorations I made for the party.  Apparently I got wrapped up in the fun and left my camera sitting on the counter.  Thank goodness for my amazing mother-in-law or else I wouldn't even have these beautiful pictures.

2 comments:

  1. OMG that is my favorite book that my mom read to us as kids. It was the first book I bought our son! We had a blanket made and my piece of the blanket has that exact quote "Forever my baby you'll be" Wow! That's so precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who will be crawling into my son's room when he's an adult to rock him and sing to him. :)

      Delete