Pages

August 28, 2012

An Array of Texture Tuesday, Tuxedo Blouse

Welcome to the very first Tuesday of  An Array of Texture!  I thought I would start this Tuesday off by the use of my trusty closet.  After rummaging through all of the forgotten items that have been lost in the dark over the years, I came up with my first exciting piece...

A white button-up shirt with three quarter sleeves.  Not a vintage piece, but in dire need of a textile lift.
I decided to take this plain button-up and attempt to transform it into a tuxedo style blouse.

Step 1:  Using a lace trim, I sewed it into place on both sides of the button holes and buttons running the length of the shirt.

Step 2:  With the same trim lace, I sewed it around the opening of the sleeve.
And with these two easy steps, I created a beautiful tuxedo style blouse.  Success!  What do you think,  does a little texture go a long way?


2 comments:

  1. Hey, that turned out great! and you look like a model! Very Cool!
    Oh, and I really like your pavers/walk way....Bryan did an awesome uplift to the front.

    Way to go guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was pretty proud of it!
    He did do a good job, even though we still have a couple rows to finish it looks a lot better.

    ReplyDelete