Pages

March 26, 2012

Boys Neck Tie

At last!  A busy week comes to an end and Sawyer is down for the night.  And so I have the time to continue moving forward...

In June 2011, my younger brother, McCabe, married his beautiful wife Lauren.  Being a small country wedding, that took place in my parent's backyard, they wanted to keep the country feel.  He and his groomsmen wore camo ties and vests.  They also wanted matching ties for McCabe's two boys, but couldn't find camo ties to fit the boys anywhere.  He asked me if I could make them...  "Of course I can!!"  I told him.

One hot summer, two weddings, making camo ties for one, and a chiffon wedding skirt for the other, seven months pregnant, and working 40 hours a week...I almost wasn't sure if I could handle it, but it was an honor to have been given those challenges and I was eager to start.  What a fun project it turned out to be.  Easy as it was, it felt so good to see my nephews wear those ties with style!

Shop on Etsy for my handmade boys neck ties in camo, made to order.



No comments:

Post a Comment